Oncology Support & Acupuncture
Clinical studies demonstrate that acupuncture provides statistically significant improvement for cancer patients with the following conditions:
General Relief for Cancer Patients
- Pain Relief
- Breathlessness & Asthma (with end stage cancer)
Reduce Side Effects of Chemotherapy
- Hot Flashes & Night Sweats ( for breast cancer patient)
- Nausea & Vomiting
Reduce Side Effects of Radiotherapy
- Skin Toxicity
- Xerostomia (dry mouth)
We will carefully review your medications and avoid herb-drug interactions before recommending any Chinese herbal therapy to detoxify and boost your body. We will not give you any herbs unless you have already consulted with your oncologist.
- Cohen AJ, et al. Acupuncture: role in comprehensive cancer care–a primer for the oncologist and review of the literature. Integrative Cancer Therapy. 2005 Jun;4(2):131-43)
- Vickers AJ, et al. Acupuncture for post-chemotherapy fatigue: a phase II study. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2004 May 1;22(9):1731-5.
- Alimi D, et, al. Analgesic effect of auricular acupuncture for cancer pain: a randomized, blinded, controlled trial. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2003 Nov 15;21(22):4120-6.
- Lu W, et, al. Acupuncture for chemotherapy-induced leucopenia: exploratory meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Journal of Society of Integrated Oncology. 2007 Winter;5(1):1-10.
- Gottschling S et, al. Acupuncture to alleviate chemoinduced nausea and vomiting inpediatric oncology-a randomized multicenter crossover pilot trial. Klin Padiatr. 2008 Nov-Dec;220(6):365- 70. Epub 2008 Oct 23.
- Hervik J et, al. Acupuncture for the treatment of hot flashes in breast cancer patients, a randomized controlled trial. Breast Cancer Research & Treatment. 2008 Oct 7
- Naeim A et, al. Evidence-based recommendations for cancer nausea and vomiting. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2008 Aug 10;26(23):3903-10
- Deng G et, al. Functional magnetic resonance imaging (FMRI) changes and saliva production associated with acupuncture at LI 2 acupuncture point: a randomized controlled study. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2008 Jul 7;8:37
- Standish LJ et, al. Acupuncture is underutilized in hospice and palliative medicine. American Journal of Hospice & Palliative Care. 2008 Aug-Sep;25(4):298 308
- Johnstone PA, et, al. Acupuncture for xerostomia: clinical update. Copyright 2002 American Cancer Society. DOI 10.1002/cncr.10348